What is Exercise Physiology
Exercise physiology is the study of the physiological response of the body to physical activity.
Accredited Exercise Physiologist's (AEP's) help people to become their optimal physical selves. As a profession AEP's can help athletes achieve peak fitness and performance, help people with weight loss issues and rehabilitate those suffering injury and chronic illness.
Specific conditions may include but not limited to the following:
- Cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary conditions including hypertension, coronary atery disease, peripheral vascular disease, myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary conditions, chronic restrictive pulmonary conditions
- Metabolic conditions including obesity, dyslipidemia, impaired glucose tolerance, diabetes
- Musculoskeletal conditions such as arthritis (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid), osteopenia and osteoporosis, sub acute and chronic specific and non specific pain/injuries
- Neurological/neuromuscular conditions including stroke, spinal cord injury, acquired brain injury, Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis and Cerebral Palsy
- Other conditions such as cancer, mental illness and conditions associated with pregnancy or ageing
How can an AEP help me?
Current research evidence supports exercise and physical activity as a first line of defence in almost all conditions. It is an important part of treatment of chronic disease and important for those at risk of developing chronic disease.
As an AEP, Donna will liaise closely with your primary and/or allied health team ie GP, physio, chiro, osteo etc to ensure clarity in your journey toward a successful health outcome
Rebates for Exercise Physiology?
The modality is supported by the Government through the Chronic Health Management Plan. These plans entitle you to 5 allied health services per year. Your GP will refer you to the studio and your sessions are subsidised by Medicare
Additionally, most private health funds will cover Exercise Physiology, but it is important to check the level of cover you have with your individual policies.
Cost for Exercise Physiology?
1 hour Private Session/Initial Consultation $98
Small Group Class 90 minutes (single session) $55 per class
Small Group Class 90 minutes (5 class package) $265 or $53 per class
Small Group Class 90 minutes (10 class package) $460 or $46 per class
Discounts apply for subsequent 10 class packages
Mondays (fortnightly 8.30-11.00)
Wednesdays 7am - 1.00pm
Wednesdays 3pm - 8.30pm
Thursdays 7am -1.00pm
Other time are available by appointment. You can call the office or text Donna directly 0429 307 140