Wollongong Pilates Studio
- Was the first equipment based Pilates Studio established in the Illawarra by Donna Oliver in 1995.
- Comprehensively trained instructors, hand picked to provide a high level of personalised service
- Tailored programs based on YOUR body's needs and goals, graded from safe gentle exercise to a high level challenge.
- Instructors integrate the Pilates Method with latest research into the management of musculoskeletal dysfunction.
- Private clients - no referral necessary
- Exercise Physiology - services with health fund rebate available with most private health funds.
- Medicare - Under the Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) a referral from your General Practitioner is required. This program can entitle you to 5 allied health appointments per year. After paying your account in full, you can claim your rebate immediately from Medicare.
- Work Cover - You will need your policy/insurance number, insurance company and case manager details.
- DVA -Department of Veteran's Affairs requires a doctor's certificate. This certificate is valid for a period of 12 months.
- To get the best out of your studio experience, we suggest you begin with a private consultation. An opportunity for both you and your instructor to assess your individual needs and determine your goals. This class will focus on providing the foundation information that you will need to attend any of our classes.
- We provide a number of different class styles. ie. Matclasses, Reformer Classes, Strength/Conditioning classes, Clinical Rehabilitation (1:1 and small groups), Studio Pilates Sessions, Private Lessons, and Duets. You can discuss which classes are appropriate for you and your initial visit.
What do I bring?
- Comfortable exercise clothes
- Fresh socks
- X-Rays and scans to the initial consultation
- Small clean towel
What can our services do for you?
- Cutting edge medical research shows Pilates is beneficial for many types of pain relief, particularly chronic lower back.
- Improve posture and upper body awareness to reduce neck and shoulder pain.
- Specific programs for dance and sports training.
- Guided sessions for pre and post pregnancy, to reduce low back strain, prepare for labour and promote recovery.
- Modified programming to cater for osteoporosis, arthritis and the elderly.
- Studio sessions utilising the specific Pilates and exercise equipment provide a more comprehensive workout which cannot be done alone with 'mat' style classes.
- Provide you with an enduring legacy of knowledge you can take home and practice.